Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SOCOM 2 BETA over SVDL.

1UP, Dizee and myself played the SOCOM 2 BETA  online over SVDL tonight and I can say that the hit detection seems light-years better than retail S2 and much more S1 like. A lot of the guns have very different gun spray/bullet spread patterns. A lot of them closer or nearly the same as their S1 counter parts and some of the maps have differences as well.

I would like to gauge some interest and possibly see who might be interested in playing this on community nights. It's very easy to get set up on the emulator as well. Come and learn some history of S2 as well

Have to wonder if somehow the beta got into the hands of a ton of non-socom 1 players and they changed the hit detection and guns based on feedback from them because the hit detection is clearly a night and day difference. Felt like SOCOM 1 hit detection.

Maps on S2 Beta are below, most of them are the same but a few have minor changes. Notably Guidance, Crossroads and Fish Hook.

Vigilance
Foxhunt
Fish Hook
Sandstorm
Requiem
Guidance

I did not see any huge negatives and would prefer to play the beta over retail for the simple fact of better hit detection and better explosion knockdown effects and range. I wonder if it is possible to somehow add all the other maps that it is missing into the beta somehow.

The only real major glitch I noticed was climbing ladders and that is only really a animation glitch. It just warps you to the top once you get close instead of the climbing up at the top animation.

I already had a couple people ask me on how to play the Beta online. I have relayed them our discord info and the forums as well.

Just a heads up, there was a bug in the last patched beta ISO and the new one is pinned on our discord channel.

Just grabbed a big hot cup of coffee...anyone wanna play?

Wish we could get more people in on this!

I got the SOCOM 2 Beta working on a PS2 console. You will need a McBoot Memory card and a USB stick. I am going to write up a little procedure on how to get it running here on PS2 shortly.

Just curious what it took to get the Socom 2 beta working? Harry sent me some codes to get in a lan game a few years ago but the second you'd see another player, it would crash.

(08-31-2019, 10:38 PM)Mike 51-50 Wrote: Just curious what it took to get the Socom 2 beta working? Harry sent me some codes to get in a lan game a few years ago but the second you'd see another player, it would crash.

Nothing. I remember him saying the same thing and I mentioned that to some of the people here and we just tried it anyways and it worked just fine. I don't know what all the details were when harry was originally trying this out years ago so it could have been a number of things that caused that to happen.